The crux of micro stock
I was able to get about 30 shots accepted the past 7 weeks but without any sales. It is a bit demoralizing after you have put it a lot of hard work. Although I love landscape and water scape photography I have decided not to proceed with it because it is so difficult to communicate a clear message with landscapes. If your shots do not communicate a clear message you can rather relax at home with a nice drink.
The commercial value of pictures is determined by emotion, concepts and lifestyle. You waist your time if your shots do not symbolize one of the mentioned three characteristics. The clearer the message of your photo the better your change to get it accepted and to sell it.
I jumped into an unknown field of photography and I am surprised with the rise in my acceptance rate. Have a look at my black model!
Best of luck to all you DT's.
Photo credits: Mossel.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror