The crux of micro stock
I was able to get about 30 shots accepted the past 7 weeks but without any sales. It is a bit demoralizing after you have put it a lot of hard work. Although I love landscape and water scape photography I have decided not to proceed with it because it is so difficult to communicate a clear message with landscapes. If your shots do not communicate a clear message you can rather relax at home with a nice drink.
The commercial value of pictures is determined by emotion, concepts and lifestyle. You waist your time if your shots do not symbolize one of the mentioned three characteristics. The clearer the message of your photo the better your change to get it accepted and to sell it.
I jumped into an unknown field of photography and I am surprised with the rise in my acceptance rate. Have a look at my black model!
Best of luck to all you DT's.
Photo credits: Mossel.
All about color
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal