The crux of micro stock
I was able to get about 30 shots accepted the past 7 weeks but without any sales. It is a bit demoralizing after you have put it a lot of hard work. Although I love landscape and water scape photography I have decided not to proceed with it because it is so difficult to communicate a clear message with landscapes. If your shots do not communicate a clear message you can rather relax at home with a nice drink.
The commercial value of pictures is determined by emotion, concepts and lifestyle. You waist your time if your shots do not symbolize one of the mentioned three characteristics. The clearer the message of your photo the better your change to get it accepted and to sell it.
I jumped into an unknown field of photography and I am surprised with the rise in my acceptance rate. Have a look at my black model!
Best of luck to all you DT's.
Photo credits: Mossel.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images