those darn computers
Technology is wonderful until it doesn't work! My computer has crashed twice in the last three years. When I started down the road to becoming more knowledgeable about today's technology, I forgot to take into consideration the many ways that technology can also bite you in the butt! I had many photos stored on my hard drive that are now gone forever. Some of them cannot be replaced and I learned to back up my files on a frequent schedule. There are a number of ways to do this but I have found that the easiest way for me is to burn them on to a cd even before editing them.That way I will always have the originals to work with.
I'm sure that I am not the only one that this has happened to. I just wanted to remind everyone BACK UP those files!!! Have a great 2008!
Photo credits: Paul Jantz.
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama