Day Hill Fireplace
What’s up with a Fireplace on the top of Day Hill?
On a beautiful October day in 2014 I hiked up to the top of Day Hill which is in Split Rock State Park. That was the fourth time I had visited this beautiful place. I learned about Day Hill from a friend years ago when we were talking about places to see on the north shore of Lake Superior. He asked me if I had ever parked along the highway and walked up a hill that had a huge stone fireplace built on top of it. The next time I was visiting the north shore my dad and I hiked up to the top of Day Hill, the view took my breath away. The massive fireplace is built on top of rock and the view of Lake Superior is amazing. There is speculation that Frank Day built the fireplace in the early 1900’s. Day was planning on getting married and he built the fireplace for the house he and his bride would live in together. Day didn’t build the rest of the house after she called off the wedding.
Photo credits: Christopher Bies.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images