Day Hill Fireplace
What’s up with a Fireplace on the top of Day Hill?
On a beautiful October day in 2014 I hiked up to the top of Day Hill which is in Split Rock State Park. That was the fourth time I had visited this beautiful place. I learned about Day Hill from a friend years ago when we were talking about places to see on the north shore of Lake Superior. He asked me if I had ever parked along the highway and walked up a hill that had a huge stone fireplace built on top of it. The next time I was visiting the north shore my dad and I hiked up to the top of Day Hill, the view took my breath away. The massive fireplace is built on top of rock and the view of Lake Superior is amazing. There is speculation that Frank Day built the fireplace in the early 1900’s. Day was planning on getting married and he built the fireplace for the house he and his bride would live in together. Day didn’t build the rest of the house after she called off the wedding.
Photo credits: Christopher Bies.
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking