Dealing with OPEN PATHS in Illustrator in 2 steps
Couple little things you need to know about when creating a vector image, especially if you are going to sell it on stock websites
Here are some tips and tricks for making the best out of your work. Mostly time savers.
OPEN PATHS If you are dealing with open paths, you are in trouble, so try this PLUG-IN from Graffix to FIND THEM FIRST without hassle.
To install this plugin, just drop the plug in in your Adobe Illustrator Plug-ins folder. It works with Adobe Illustrator CS – CS2 and CS3….
What does this plugin do… It actually finds all guides, paths, open paths, closed paths, filled paths, unfilled paths, stroked paths, unstroked paths, dashed paths, undashed paths, compound paths, groups, live object groups, gradient meshes, envelopes, symbols, embedded raster art, and placed art.
It will appear under Select / Object menu.
So after clicking on select open paths, your open paths are selected, now how are we going to close all these paths, here another PLUG-IN to CLOSE THESE PATHS.
This time just drop the plug in in Illustrator scripts folder, it will appear in File/ Scripts menu, and click. All your paths are closed in 2 steps. What a time saver.
Well if you have only couple paths to close just click on the ends of open paths and press CTRL + J to join them, personally I never use this.
Photo credits: Burcu Arat Sup.
- Ideas on sea and ocean photos
- Tip of the week: Never forget to straighten your images
- My effective way for calls-to-action giving more subscriptions for newsletter
- Rain session in India ! 410th Images Approved
- Uncovering the Secrets behind the Call to action that Convert
- To GIMP or to Photoshop, That is the Question
- 5 Bad Habits to Stop Now to Become a Better Photographer
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand Out – and SELL!