Dealing with OPEN PATHS in Illustrator in 2 steps
Couple little things you need to know about when creating a vector image, especially if you are going to sell it on stock websites
Here are some tips and tricks for making the best out of your work. Mostly time savers.
OPEN PATHS If you are dealing with open paths, you are in trouble, so try this PLUG-IN from Graffix to FIND THEM FIRST without hassle.
To install this plugin, just drop the plug in in your Adobe Illustrator Plug-ins folder. It works with Adobe Illustrator CS – CS2 and CS3….
What does this plugin do… It actually finds all guides, paths, open paths, closed paths, filled paths, unfilled paths, stroked paths, unstroked paths, dashed paths, undashed paths, compound paths, groups, live object groups, gradient meshes, envelopes, symbols, embedded raster art, and placed art.
It will appear under Select / Object menu.
So after clicking on select open paths, your open paths are selected, now how are we going to close all these paths, here another PLUG-IN to CLOSE THESE PATHS.
This time just drop the plug in in Illustrator scripts folder, it will appear in File/ Scripts menu, and click. All your paths are closed in 2 steps. What a time saver.
Well if you have only couple paths to close just click on the ends of open paths and press CTRL + J to join them, personally I never use this.
Photo credits: Burcu Arat Sup.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective