I've been a graphic designer for the passed 7 years. I LOVE what I do, I must admit, I am no writer or photographer.
My favorite client story from the passed year, was a client I did a trade show display for. I had a great photo from here at dreamstime, that I comped in. No sense in wasting money on an image I can't use. And they just loved the design. I was just tickled. I purchased the photo and dropped it into my design, and sent of one more pdf for them to review....and what else would they have wanted. She had LOVED!!! the swirly mark on the image.
At first I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, as I had just had a short night of sleep with my youngest child. I kept thinking about it before responding to her email. Indeed, she wanted the watermark back?!?!? Hey, I love the design of the watermark as much as the next designer, but this is a story I had only heard in design school.
In the end, her partner finally talked her out of it.
Photo credits: Victor Burnside.
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities