I've been a graphic designer for the passed 7 years. I LOVE what I do, I must admit, I am no writer or photographer.
My favorite client story from the passed year, was a client I did a trade show display for. I had a great photo from here at dreamstime, that I comped in. No sense in wasting money on an image I can't use. And they just loved the design. I was just tickled. I purchased the photo and dropped it into my design, and sent of one more pdf for them to review....and what else would they have wanted. She had LOVED!!! the swirly mark on the image.
At first I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, as I had just had a short night of sleep with my youngest child. I kept thinking about it before responding to her email. Indeed, she wanted the watermark back?!?!? Hey, I love the design of the watermark as much as the next designer, but this is a story I had only heard in design school.
In the end, her partner finally talked her out of it.
Photo credits: Victor Burnside.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget