Digital Art Tutorial: Overview Of My Digital Painting Process
This article summarizes my personal digital painting technique using Corel Painter and Photoshop.
Dionysus (Feb 2010)
1. Initial sketch. Image
2. Defining overlapping layers with flat colors. Image
3. Fleshing out 3D shapes and designating colors in isolation. Image
4. Adding the background basics to establish shading and environment colors. Image
5. Adding hilights and shadows to the background. Image
6. Adding more elements to the composition. Image
7. Fleshing out the remaining basic elements. Image
8. Adding details and accessories to each element. Image
9. Rendering the final lighting and fine details. Image
10. Adding the final touches to the composition. Image
11. Enhancing the environment with Photoshop (tinting, depth of field and vignetting.) Image
12. Finished version with final touch ups applied.
Copyright 2010 Aaron Rutten. All Rights Reserved.
Photo credits: Aaron Rutten.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day