Digital Art Tutorial: Overview Of My Digital Painting Process
This article summarizes my personal digital painting technique using Corel Painter and Photoshop.
Dionysus (Feb 2010)
1. Initial sketch. Image
2. Defining overlapping layers with flat colors. Image
3. Fleshing out 3D shapes and designating colors in isolation. Image
4. Adding the background basics to establish shading and environment colors. Image
5. Adding hilights and shadows to the background. Image
6. Adding more elements to the composition. Image
7. Fleshing out the remaining basic elements. Image
8. Adding details and accessories to each element. Image
9. Rendering the final lighting and fine details. Image
10. Adding the final touches to the composition. Image
11. Enhancing the environment with Photoshop (tinting, depth of field and vignetting.) Image
12. Finished version with final touch ups applied.
Copyright 2010 Aaron Rutten. All Rights Reserved.
Photo credits: Aaron Rutten.
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?