Digital Art Tutorial: Overview Of My Digital Painting Process
May 1, 2010
This article summarizes my personal digital painting technique using Corel Painter and Photoshop.
Dionysus (Feb 2010)
1. Initial sketch. Image
2. Defining overlapping layers with flat colors. Image
3. Fleshing out 3D shapes and designating colors in isolation. Image
4. Adding the background basics to establish shading and environment colors. Image
5. Adding hilights and shadows to the background. Image
6. Adding more elements to the composition. Image
7. Fleshing out the remaining basic elements. Image
8. Adding details and accessories to each element. Image
9. Rendering the final lighting and fine details. Image
10. Adding the final touches to the composition. Image
11. Enhancing the environment with Photoshop (tinting, depth of field and vignetting.) Image
12. Finished version with final touch ups applied.
Copyright 2010 Aaron Rutten. All Rights Reserved.
- Learn to paint landscapes with Corel Painter X3
- Tutorial: How To Paint A Digital Portrait From A Photo
- How To Paint a Stormy Sky with Corel Painter 12
- How To Paint a Sunset Sky with Corel Painter 12
- How To Create Digital Art That Sells Using The 7 Elements Of Art
- Artist Tutorial: How To Paint Trees & Grass with Painter 12
- How to paint an Ocean Seascape with Corel Painter 12
- Digital Art Tutorial: How to paint Mountains with Corel Painter
- Corel Painter 12.2 update released with some helpful bug fixes.
- How to customize your Facebook Timeline with a Feedback-loop effect
Related image searches
Art related image searches
This article has been read 2435 times. Photo credits: Aaron Rutten.