Dodge and burn
Open a n image in Photoshop and make a copy of your background layer with Ctrl + j.
Open another new blank layer, choose "Soft Light" from the menu while creating the layer and click the box below. ( % 50 grey thing ! ) You will get another new blank grey layer.
Press D and change the color mode to default.
Now lower the Opacity and Flow to about % 50 or less.
And choose a soft brush
For burning use white, and for dodging black ...
You can also create different grey layers for different colors and change the tones in your image.
If you did not like the result you can disable or delete the % 50 grey layer(s)
Thank you very much for reading
Photo credits: Serdar Tibet.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs