Does Blogs and message boards affect sales?
I did an experiment this month; I wrote a series of blogs and was active on the message boards. I wanted to see if it had an effect on my sales.
Here are my results. During the past 5 months I have been averaging $75 dollars in sales each month. I have been averaging approximately 50 images sold each month.
During the month of January, I was more active on the message boards (total 53 messages); previous months I sent between 0 and 30 messages. I was also wrote more blogs, in fact, I issued 14 blogs during January. In the past, I would do one or two every couple months.
My sales increased to $128.00 during the month of January. This was my best month in sales but also nearly double my monthly average. In addition, I sold 75 images, about 50% more than average.
This is certainly not a statistical or scientific study but I do find it significant that active participation on Dreamstime does affect sales, at least in my opinion.
So, for all those that want to know how to increase sales; best way is to increase your portfolio and be active in the DT community. I hope all have enjoyed my blogs for the past month, it was a joy to share my knowledge with you all.
Photo credits: Moose Henderson.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava