Don't quit your regular job just yet!
Ever wonder how fast "penny" stock ( that's usually how much we get paid ) is growing? Type in any image you're looking for and see how many pages pop up. Many times over 300 and if you multiply that times the number of images on the page, that equals 9000 different images. On what page is your image? If it's on page 289, do you think an art director will have the perseverance to go through all those previous pages to find your image? Scary isn't it. Sometimes I wonder how I sell any images!
Anyways, it all works out OK if like myself, you have pretty low expectations on how much money you're going to make selling stock. I figure it's like a bank account without much money in it that still pays me a 3% dividend each year. Found money. It's getting to the point that it might not be worth driving anywhere specifically to take a photograph because the cost of gasoline and car depreciation will be more than the money you will ever make from the sale of that photograph! I now only take stock photos as an adjunct to whatever else I'm doing.......
Photo credits: Christian Delbert.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs