The Dreamstime Challenge on Graphics.com
Graphics.com announced a new design challenge based on Dreamstime images. Their monthly theme is a spiral motif.
"Whether found in nature, crafted by the human hand or generated by mathematics, the spiral has long been a potent graphical element for artists and designers, across the globe and down through the ages. And, of course, by mere coincidence it just happens to be part of the Dreamstime logo," says Graphics.com.
Entries for the challenge of month will need to use at least part of one of the six Dreamstime images. At the end of the challenge period, April 30, 2010, Graphics.com staff will pick three winning entries, based on their creativity, technical merit and employment of the supplied images. The creators of three of the winning images will receive one month of access to the Mediabistro On Demand video training library as well as a one month subscription to the Dreamstime collection.
Link to the competition is here: The Dreamstime April Challenge
Challenge entries are here: The Dreamstime April Challenge Entries
Six Dreamstime Challenge images:
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project
- Turning an ordinary shoot plan into a great one
- Death Valley National Park - The hottest place on earth and the lowest point in North America