DT Numbers of images per user
I admit I'm a numbers person - have been since a very early age. Loved math, love statistics and love sport with statistics.
Looking at the Dreamstime numbers at the bottom of the page we have (at the time of typing):
Assuming users are all contributors that works out at an average of 3 images per contributor.
Is that all? This seems crazy to me. Why join and not upload?
You're not going to make anything from 3 images - or less than one nine millionth of Dreamstime complete stock. Heck I have 267 times this amount here and even they equate to a drop in an ocean.
Of course if 'users' also means buyers, this might change the stats but by how much?
Double - 6 images per user?
Triple - 9 images per user?
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the average is so low? Is it that hard to get images accepted?
Here is one of my latest seeing as I have to submit an image in a blog.
Photo credits: Martincp.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon