About Earth Day
We guard the water quality of our lakes in the area where I live and take great care with cleaning the shorelines and waterways. The water is tested regularly and people are fined or taken to court if they mistreat the precious resource. The county I live in is about 95% National Forest and it is well taken care of. We have a very good recycle business in the county which makes a good income for the area. Each lake has a civic association which keeps watch on things and gets the word out if help is needed or a problem is encountered. We try hard and it's mostly all volunteer. It's a rural area, we don't have shopping malls or many fast food joints. With all we do it is soooo irritating to see beer cans and food wrappers on the sides of the roads!! Junk cars are still in some yards and old tires are yard art. Some people insist upon using the area around their homes as a dump.....any clean area ordinance is just ignored by a few. But, we have "come a long way baby"!! Here's hoping it keeps coming along!
Children watching over the planet
Photo credits: , Susan Leggett.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror