Edge of Paradise
Anyone out there interested in off the beaten track locations? Then do I have a spot for you! Most of you have heard of Bikini Atoll - where the USA detonated numerous atomic weapons at the end of WWII. And I am here to report that the island of Bikini is still uninhabitable due to the radioactive dust that permeates the island.
Anyway, we're talking about the Marshall Islands which is mid-pacific & on the equator halfway between Hawaii & Australia. Majuro is the capitol of the Marshalls & that's the first stop from Honolulu. The trip is relatively inexpensive because United flies a circle route of mostly govt. contractors from Honolulu to Majuro to Bikini to Kwajalein & finally back to Guam.
Majuro Lagoon is home to huge fishing fleet container boats as well as ancient mariner sailboats. The diving here is very easy & the photo ops are everywhere .............. perhaps worth a consideration?
Photo credits: Conchasdiver.
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry