OF EDITORIAL PICS
Previously, I found it very hard to capture a decent pic specifically meant for RF sale. No logos, business signs, faces, etc. (well, you know the drill) and to obtain model/ property releases is totally out of question.
Being an outdoor photographer, it was frustrating sometimes since these kind of pictures will never be approved for the RF section.
Case in point : Geneva, Switzerland cityscape. Since the majority of the buildings here have some brand name signs on its top, submitting general view of Geneva cityscape will end up with the pictures being refused. To edit and clean the pic in Photoshop is of course an alternative but in the end it does not depict the real facade of Geneva itself. These brand signs are an integral part of the city of Geneva and had been there for ages.
After doing some research on other Dreamstime's members Editorial photos, I decided to submit these kind of pictures as Editorial, and it was approved and some has been sold.
So my point is, do not restrict ourselves shooting only for RF. When out there, try to keep in mind we can shoot for Editorial as well.
Photo credits: Akulamatiau.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite