Eight sales on a single day
Two days ago, someone bought 8 of my images in one day, all from the same "Holy land series" images.
These images have been posted on DT for couple of years now, selling here and there, while I slowly increase the number of images that belong to this series.
Never before have I sold so many in one day.
What can you take from my experience (beyond me tapping on my own shoulder.... :-) ) :
1) Follow your heart - You will probably shoot better images if you like what you document and have emotional connection to the subject matter.
2) Look for Niches - even in a 30 million image bank site, there is a place for special images that cater for someone's special taste.
3) I always search for images that cover the area I documented then I can see if it's worth uploading new images.
4) Since I shoot scenes - I plan in advance and trying to take my camera with me when there is interesting weather or I go to a rarely visited place.
That's all for today, Wishing you all Merry christmass from Sunny Israel.
Santa sent me a message stating that I will receive 100% if you buy my images today, Help me prove my Children that Santa is real...
Photo credits: Amitai.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings