The Elephant and The Donkey - Dreamstime
The Republican Elephant
The Democratic Donkey
Using these two mascots together can turn any topic into a political discussion.
What you may not be aware of - I wasn't at first -
is that these icons are trademarked.
Images using them must always be considered Editorial in nature.
The nice thing about political images is that
you aren't limited to election years for relevant usage.
There is alway some issue or disagreement
brewing where both parties can be counted on
to resort to their usual mudslinging.
The news of the day, of course, is the face off over Obamacare -
or The Affordable Care Act as it's also known.
Congress has shut down the government
instead of working out the very issues they were elected to fix
Up next is the debate over the debt ceiling
Which is promising to be even more contentious
The two things we can be sure of
in this country are
death and taxes ......
oh, and the chance to elect new members of congress every two years.
In the mean time
I guess it's back to business as usual in our Nations Capitol
Photo credits: , Karen Foley.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images