Eliminating color can add drama and romance to your pictures.
Why shoot in black and white when there are so many wonderful colors in the world? Shooting in black and white or for conversion to black and white forces you to really zero in on the light and shadow in your image and can add a lot of drama.
On a recent trip to the circus with my granddaughter, we shot a lot of great color pictures. They are fun to look at and full of energy. But there were some instances were I wanted to capture a bit of a different feeling.
One example is a pair of acrobats that really presented a great show. They created a great feeling of romance and the color pictures did not seem to do justice to the relationship they portrayed. I think the black and whites I took did a better job of this.
I encourage you to give black and white a try next time you get your camera out. It's a different way of looking at the world and you might be surprised by what you see.
Photo credits: Cjh Photography Llc.
- Staying Put
- Tip of the week: Easily make attractive holiday graphics in photoshop
- Drone Photography - new blog contest
- Giving Tuesday is for the dogs (and cats!)
- Buyers Need The Ugly - Two
- Wildlife Rescue and a Photo Op
- Conceptual Photography: Designing for the Entertainment Industry.
- 10 years on Dreamstime