Estimated 125,000 Western Lowland Gorillas Discovered
While driving in my car heading to the zoo I heard some great news about Western Lowland Gorillas on NPR. They announced that the Wildlife Conservation Society gorilla experts discovered in the Republic of Congo an estimated 125,000 Western Lowland Gorillas living in the countries Northern Forests.
The reason for the high numbers is because there is no war, logging and disease epidemics that is linked to man. Hardly anyone goes into this forest do to it being hard to move around through the swamp land.
This is great news for the Western Lowland Gorillas species because they are listed as Critically Endangered and the number they discovered is more then 2x the world population that they thought was left.
Photo credits: Susan Pettitt.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images