Ever deleted your photos by mistake?
Did you ever deleted your images from your memory-card before uploading them to your computer? I made this huge mistake last weekend as my mind was all over the place.
The images lost were from a shoot done that afternoon. I was extremely frustrated when I came to realize that this happened to me. I was already thinking about a re-shoot and how to confront my model with the bad news.
After cooling down from my stress, I came to realize that there might be hope......
I remembered that in the booklet of my CompactFlash card they allow me to download their data recovery software: MediaRecovery. I thought I could give that a try.
I downloaded the program, installed it, and amazingly enough I was able to retrieve my deleted photos...... I was soooo happy!
This is something that might happen to even the most careful ones. The moral of my story is: Make sure you have a data-recovery software available as a backup. It will do wonders, and even if only used once, it will be your favorite software to work with.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory