I started on this business as a hobby (it still is a hobby) on 2005 with my first camera, an Olympus E300 and since then, I literally done nothing. I uploaded 10-20 photos on 1-2 sites and totally forgot them. I got some little sales but they were so little, I was not even thinking of boosting my portfolio.
That was then.
A week ago, I told to myself that I want to do some work on my photos and my portfolio. What I like to shoot is people on situations and indoor concepts. So I called Giannis, a young guy who modeled for me once and asked him to pose for me for some business / office shots. Even though the shots were not very well prepared, we ended with some really good photos, so I uploaded them. The fact is that they began selling from the first day!
That was enough to convince me that if I am to shoot more and more, I can eventually gain more. It is easy to think about that, it was always on my mind, but when you see it it's different.
So I hired a pro model who is to come to my studio next week and do some portrait shots and I will post again about my findings :)
Just thinking out loud :)
Photo credits: Theodoros Batzakas.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars