I have exciting news to share! Photofocus.com has invited me to be part of their team as an author. I will primarily be writing about travel photography. If you aren’t familiar with Photofocus, it is an on-line educational resource for photographers of all levels of experience. I think you will find its content very helpful. New posts are added throughout each day.
When I started with Dreamstime, I was like many of you--trying to get images approved and hoping for a sale or two. But I kept working at it, learning something new every day, and taking the advice of my fellow contributors in these forums. Now, I have had over 8,000 sales, I am a much better photographer, and I am writing a regular blog for Photofocus. I never would have dreamed of such a result when I started with Dreamstime. I was looking for an outlet for my passion--a new adventure with my photography. And for now I have found it:)
I mention all this because we all have our ups and downs, myself included. It is hard work being a stock photographer, but there are rewards for those who hold the course, and are honest with themselves as to what they need to do to succeed.
Photo credits: Adeliepenguin.
- 12 tips to make your journey photogenic
- Best road trip destinations around the world
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road