Expect the unexpected
After doing a lot of research I decided that stock photography was going to be a way of keeping my photography interests afire and give me a reason to constantly be thinking about the world and how it can be captured.
So in this regard I uploaded what can only be considered extremely generic run of the mill photos shot in my home made light box to see what would be accepted and what would be rejected (almost half were ;-) ). I was done uploading but then at the last moment I decided to upload a picture of Australia's Parliament House from a night shoot I did recently.
After reading so much about stock photography in part being a numbers game (totally acknowledging quality/topic has a huge factor) I wasn't expecting a sale until I had uploaded at least a 100 photos or more!
Do I dare to expect the unexpected again? I think I will :)
Photo credits: Glenn Martin.
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to