Expect the unexpected
After doing a lot of research I decided that stock photography was going to be a way of keeping my photography interests afire and give me a reason to constantly be thinking about the world and how it can be captured.
So in this regard I uploaded what can only be considered extremely generic run of the mill photos shot in my home made light box to see what would be accepted and what would be rejected (almost half were ;-) ). I was done uploading but then at the last moment I decided to upload a picture of Australia's Parliament House from a night shoot I did recently.
After reading so much about stock photography in part being a numbers game (totally acknowledging quality/topic has a huge factor) I wasn't expecting a sale until I had uploaded at least a 100 photos or more!
Do I dare to expect the unexpected again? I think I will :)
Photo credits: Glenn Martin.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava