The F 2.8 ( love it or hate it)
When I started with photography a year ago, wide aperture lens ( f 2.8, f1.4) were all that I desired as I wanted to shoot in low light situations and also get the pleasing bokeh in almost all my shots by using the widest aperture. I enjoyed it very much.
Then I joined dreamstime and these images with my aperture wide open were rejected as the depth of field (DOF) was too shallow and much of the images were out of focus. Thus I started to shoot with smaller apertures to get that DOF. Moreover the images shot with the wide open apertures were also soft I noted
I don't know but maybe I will refrain from buying lenses with wide apertures although I have already invested in three of them. Would be nice if you could share your thoughts in this regard.
Some shots with wide open apertures
Photo credits: Nike Sh.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget