I find that a big part of photography and microstock as a sideline, second job or hobby is having family support. Your family often has to put up with your desires to purchase more equipment, pose as a model in various situations, agree to be a model in the first place and deal with you wandering off on trips to take pictures of weathered wood siding.
Its extra challenging when you kids are at age where they start becoming embarrassed of their parents! Unfortunately there isn't a big market for "eye rolling seventh graders" because I'd have a ton of images for that market!
Here's a shot of a salad my son made. I hope it sells so he'll be more motivated to model for me in the future.
My wife and son got involved in this one:
And my son actually had fun being a model in this one:
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Modeling related image searches
Photo credits: Peanutroaster.