Fight copyright infringement
How to report copyright infringement on social media websitescopyright infringement tool and perhaps you're already familiar with how to spot your images used without license.
You should also know that our DMCA tool can be used only if you are able to provide some standard info such as link to the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and information sufficient to permit Dreamstime to contact the infringing party (email or physical address). Even if those details are not clearly displayed on the website, the Whois tool should help you. Any contact address of the infringing party or hosting domain you find can be used in our reporting form.
Apart from our DMCA reporting tool, there are also other ways to fight copyright infringement you can always use. Since you are the rightful copyright owners of the images, it never hurts to send a DMCA notice yourselves too. Before taking the matter into your own hands, here are some important things you should know:
- Make sure the photo is not rightfully used and the person using it is not actually a buyer. Buyers really don't like to be wrongfully accused and they may not buy from you again if they encounter such problems. If the image is watermarked, then there are high chances the image was not licensed so you can use the reporting tool for such cases.
- Make sure the site is not one of our partners. The partner sites usually display a Dreamstime logo on the pages featuring our content so you should not have troubles differentiating partners from infringing sites. Whenever you have doubts, feel free to contact us and ask first before taking any action.
- Make sure you have made all possible efforts to convert the person misusing the image into a customer, rather than harassing him. We're here to sell images, not to spread hate around.
If you cannot find contact information and can't use our DMCA tool, note that most social media platforms have their own DMCA reporting pages which you can use. I'll list them below:
1. Facebook DMCA report
2. Twitter DMCA
3. Blogspot DMCA
4. Wordpress DMCA
5. Pinterest DMCA
6. Google Plus reporting copyright infringement instructions: click to open the album, photo, or video. Click Options, select Report, then select the Copyrighted material option.
If you fill in the information sorrectly, all of these platforms are pretty prompt in removing the copyright infringing content.
Photo credits: Geotrac.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava