Firmware hack for Rebel XTI/400D
While searching for a potential upgrade to my Rebel XTI (400D) camera, I came across a message thread about a new firmware hack for Rebel XTI.
I've given it a try and after the hack, it seems to work as advertised. It now has ISO3200 and some more ISO settings in between the default ISO settings, like ISO500. The most interesting thing to me is the added spot metering mode. At one time, I was considering if I should upgrade to a Rebel XSI for the extra metering mode. One other added feature is checking the actual shutter count.
For the curious/adventurous ones, the following is the thread:
* Disclaimer: if you/your friend decides to try it, do it at your own risks. I will not take any responsibility for damage/negative results.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- Tip of the Week: New CX vs old DX
- Best Camera Settings for Sports Photography
- Everything Changed After I Had A DSLR
- How to Pick a Camera Tripod
- How to Find Photography Backdrops
- Do you need Lightroom or Photoshop? Here's how you know
- These are a few of My Favorite Things: Eyes!
- A few inches can make all the difference!