Firmware hack for Rebel XTI/400D
While searching for a potential upgrade to my Rebel XTI (400D) camera, I came across a message thread about a new firmware hack for Rebel XTI.
I've given it a try and after the hack, it seems to work as advertised. It now has ISO3200 and some more ISO settings in between the default ISO settings, like ISO500. The most interesting thing to me is the added spot metering mode. At one time, I was considering if I should upgrade to a Rebel XSI for the extra metering mode. One other added feature is checking the actual shutter count.
For the curious/adventurous ones, the following is the thread:
* Disclaimer: if you/your friend decides to try it, do it at your own risks. I will not take any responsibility for damage/negative results.
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service