First 100 online story and future goals
Finally after a few months I have my first 100 images online, it has been quite a journey up to now. I started out in October to upload images to a couple of agencies. At the same time I was reading blogs and forum post to get up to speed.
After a while I noticed that the microstock business was going to be a quite time consuming thing to learn and practice. I took the decision to go exclusive on Dreamstime and that really became a turning point for me. I was able to focus more on one place and I'm really happy with that decision, I really like the whole Dreamstime website, community and uploading procedure. I think it fit's my style of working pretty good.
My first goal after I sold a few images was 50 uploads and go exclusive, second one was to reach 100 uploads. I achieved this, so now It's time to set up some new goals for the future.
By the end of 2011 my goal is to reach 250 uploads with a kept acceptance ratio of at least 80%, 125 sales and a few level 2 images at least. This should be possible if I keep uploading about 20 good images a month.
Until next time… Here are a few of either my most selling or favorite uploads so far.
Photo credits: Perolsson.
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images