The first accessory you need for your DSLR
A camera to a photographer is many things. Most photographers have a loyalty to their cameras as if it was the best friend they ever had.
But at it's very basic level it is a tool. A tool that we put through some very harsh conditions.
We take them out in salt water spray from the oceans and hot sun to cool nights and high humidity.
That's why the first accessory you need after you purchase your DSLR should be a UV filter.
It is very inexpensive and just screws to the front of the camera.
It's main purpose in life is to protect your lens.
It will take the sand, salt, dirt, crude, scratches and everything else that without it your lens would take.
If you have an accident and scratch the filter your out about twelve bucks, but you just saved your very expensive lens.
So if you don't have one, get one.
The first time you bump into something and scratch it you'll be thanking me.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images