First attempt with light tent...
Well I've had a couple of images accepted from my first attempt with a light tent so I am quite pleased. I mostly take shots of landscapes and nature but I thought I would give something new a try. I bought a very cheap light tent and lights so I wasn't sure that my set up would be good enough but the end results weren't too bad.
I found it quite difficult to get the correct white balance and I think this would be improved if I invest in some proper light bulbs...the ones I was using gave off an awful colour cast. I also decided to make it easier for myself by using my canon ixus rather than my dslr!
I think next time I try I will invest in some better lighting and also plan what I am going to shoot in advance. I just threw a few things into the box just as test shots really and should take the time to plan different scenarios before I actually set up.
I don't think these shots are my best by far; but not too bad for a first attempt. I must say though that I prefer to be outside and shooting nature rather than having my head stuck in a tiny light tent with the bulbs burning my face...think I definitely need better lighting!
Photo credits: Charlotte Leaper.
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry