First Mile Stone
Since the number of my online photos reaches two hundred, I think I should make a milestone here on the way of microstock. But my sales is not so good, only thirty plus, even less the income, that's fifteen only.
Most of my photos are the symbols of traditional China. the Great Wall, the old palace building, traditional drama... I prefer to take photos that I am interested though the not so popular and marketable, I just love it, you know.
The difference between the amateur and the professional probably is the amateur is focusing on the subjects he(she) love, and the professional usually aims at market and profit. Both of them can take good pictures, just different ways.
So next, I will make the change. I prepared some equipments for indoors photography, try to spend time on something more commercial, for example still life products, portraits, besides the traditional ones. That could change the structure of my stocks. Maybe the change could make me a semi-professional. That's a wish, so it is Y-Year for me!
Best wishes to amateurs here. Hope we are doing well.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite