First Mile Stone
Since the number of my online photos reaches two hundred, I think I should make a milestone here on the way of microstock. But my sales is not so good, only thirty plus, even less the income, that's fifteen only.
Most of my photos are the symbols of traditional China. the Great Wall, the old palace building, traditional drama... I prefer to take photos that I am interested though the not so popular and marketable, I just love it, you know.
The difference between the amateur and the professional probably is the amateur is focusing on the subjects he(she) love, and the professional usually aims at market and profit. Both of them can take good pictures, just different ways.
So next, I will make the change. I prepared some equipments for indoors photography, try to spend time on something more commercial, for example still life products, portraits, besides the traditional ones. That could change the structure of my stocks. Maybe the change could make me a semi-professional. That's a wish, so it is Y-Year for me!
Best wishes to amateurs here. Hope we are doing well.
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs