Almost three weeks since joining Dreamstime and I've had 24 images accepted and have now made my first sale.
I have learnt a great deal in these last weeks thanks to the large amount of images I have had rejected. First thing I did was made a makeshift lightbox from a cardboard box and some white paper, I soon realised my lighting wasn't adequate and got out some old flash units which improved things.
I've also started shooting RAW more often and learnt a lot about using Gimp and UFRaw. On the subject of software, by far the biggest improvement to my acceptance ratio has been the use of noise reduction software, as noise is something the fz30 is notorious for.
The final thing is that I have been convinced that it's finally time I let my old lumix fz30 go and invested in a DSLR, although this won't be happening for some time as I don't have the money.
Photo credits: Ewanbellamy.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Make Money Selling Online Stock Photography With Cheap Camera Equipment
- Getting older!
- Stock Photography - Here is How to Create Images that Sell
- Some of my gear throughout my stock experience
- Camera Equipment for Christmas?
- Izmir (Traveling Turkey Series - 2)
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past