First trip to Africa
In 2005 my girlfriend convinced me to enjoy our holidays in Kenya. First I was not impressed doing this, because my favorite destinations were everywhere, but not in Africa.
We did a one week safari through different National Park like Tsavo East, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara, Amboseli. Each park has its own exciting flair. We have been traveling not very comfortable, but as close to the nature as possible. And my girlfriend was so happy as she recognized that I began to love this continent. I was so impressed, that I took the chance in one of the most beautiful bushcamps as we enjoyed the sunset at Galana-River to ask my girl if she wants to marry me.. This was the start of a life-journey through Africa. To be continued.....
My wife and me love this continent and we are trying to visit it as often as it is possible. But we also want to protect Africa's nature so that is why we support the Frankfurt zoological society.
Photo credits: Holger Karius.
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?