First upload with 7D - Dreamstime
Received my new 7D camera about a week ago now and I am using a sigma 50mm 1.4 lens on it at the moment. Saved a few hundred euros buying it online. Since I will be studying Film and Visual Image making soon, every saving counts. I am trying to build a film making/photography kit from scratch, on a truly tight budget! I had a lovely day out at the beach and took alot of informal portraits etc that unfortunately I cannot show here. The difference between the 7D and my old coolpix is astounding. The sigma lens is great too. Even though all my shots were hand held and I am brand new to this camera the 7D and sigma combination produced stunning results. Every one was in focus even though I didn't have the camera in Al Servo mode for moving subjects like children running or moving boats, seagulls bobbing in the water etc. I have loads of learning to do on this one, but I am going to enjoy this camera.
Today I will be picking up my second lens, the sigma 70-200 mm OS lens. Looking forward to that too, and seeing what it can do.It gets a great review in "Digital Camera." It needs a waterproof cover, for all weather work.
Here is my first 7D image here at Dreamstime. It was taken in the local harbour area where I live.
Photo credits: Artalis.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images