Found my photo on a book cover!
Every now and then I will do a tineye search on some of my photos. I was recently surprised to find that one my photos was used on a book cover!
My Cowboy in Dawn Light
If it was just my photo alone would they have to have purchased an extended license in order to use it? Does the fact that they use it in a collage change that? I noticed that there is a credit given to an artist for the cover art with her copyright, but there is no mention of the source of the photos or the photographer’s names.
I imagine this is all the legal way of doing book cover art, but what are the rules on this? I seem to remember reading that if a photo took up so much space, like more than half of the cover, then the original artist had to be given credit, does that sound familiar?
Anyway, I plan to order the book to have for a memento, even though it looks like a pretty racy plot! Here is the link to it if you are interested in taking a peek: [link=http://www.amazon.com/Cattle-Valley-Vol-Sweet-Topping/dp/1906590346/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_a[/link]
Photo credits: Laura Gangi .
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars