Found my photo on a book cover!
Every now and then I will do a tineye search on some of my photos. I was recently surprised to find that one my photos was used on a book cover!
My Cowboy in Dawn Light
If it was just my photo alone would they have to have purchased an extended license in order to use it? Does the fact that they use it in a collage change that? I noticed that there is a credit given to an artist for the cover art with her copyright, but there is no mention of the source of the photos or the photographer’s names.
I imagine this is all the legal way of doing book cover art, but what are the rules on this? I seem to remember reading that if a photo took up so much space, like more than half of the cover, then the original artist had to be given credit, does that sound familiar?
Anyway, I plan to order the book to have for a memento, even though it looks like a pretty racy plot! Here is the link to it if you are interested in taking a peek: [link=http://www.amazon.com/Cattle-Valley-Vol-Sweet-Topping/dp/1906590346/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_a[/link]
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Cowboy related image searches
Photo credits: Laura Gangi .