Free Rice Charity
Recently, Firefox has had it’s 500 Millionth download (yes, that’s 500.000.000, or half a billion!). As a token of appreciation, and celebration, they decided to donate one grain of rice for every download to the World Food Program.
Another charming element of this generous festive gift is how Mozilla plans to donate the 500.000.000 grains of rice to the WFP, On the website FreeRice.com, you can brush up your English Vocabulary and at the same time collect 20 grains of rice for every good answer. A well designed site, and I believe it’s a very altruistic and elegant way of celebrating Firefox’s success.
The Free Rice Vocabulary test is pretty addictive, and being a non-native English speaker, I managed to get a max score of 38; Let me know how well you do by leaving a comment :)
Of course, even if you don't like Firefox, you can still help the WFP by playing a few rounds on Free Rice and brush up on your vocabulary.
Photo credits: , James Steidl.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips