Free Rice Charity
Recently, Firefox has had it’s 500 Millionth download (yes, that’s 500.000.000, or half a billion!). As a token of appreciation, and celebration, they decided to donate one grain of rice for every download to the World Food Program.
Another charming element of this generous festive gift is how Mozilla plans to donate the 500.000.000 grains of rice to the WFP, On the website FreeRice.com, you can brush up your English Vocabulary and at the same time collect 20 grains of rice for every good answer. A well designed site, and I believe it’s a very altruistic and elegant way of celebrating Firefox’s success.
The Free Rice Vocabulary test is pretty addictive, and being a non-native English speaker, I managed to get a max score of 38; Let me know how well you do by leaving a comment :)
Of course, even if you don't like Firefox, you can still help the WFP by playing a few rounds on Free Rice and brush up on your vocabulary.
Photo credits: , James Steidl.
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images