Is the free section killing the market?
For over a year I am a contributor to DT and after that year, I did put some pictures in the free section that were not even looked at. To my surprise these images are now the best downloaded ones of my portfolio.
There are more than 97.000 photographers active on DT alone. If every one of them has 10 pictures in the free section, well you can do the mathematics. That is 970.000 free photo's! I am sure there will be a usefull one for every designer. I have 4 pictures in the free section, but I won't put anymore into it!
This free photo for instant is downloaded more than 20 times in only two weeks. Some people say that the sales will go up if you have pictures in the free section, but I have my doubts.
Royalty free, nine views, zero downloads....
Have a nice day!
Photo credits: Bob Suir.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project
- Turning an ordinary shoot plan into a great one
- Death Valley National Park - The hottest place on earth and the lowest point in North America
- November 2018 Farm Harvest In Iowa
- Cost Saving Tips Every Pro Photographer Should Know