I thought I'd share a photo I decided to make available free of charge here on Dreamstime.
This has lead me to wonder what the benefit is of having free items. Does it really add more views to one's portfolio? Is it really just plain, good heartfelt contributing?
The reason I added this photograph to the free section was because it's a photograph I took a few years back, with an older camera, with lower resolution. I had no real use for it in a professional (non - stock) portfolio, and thought someone else might be able to use it.
I'm happy to see that there are already more than 10 downloads on this. So at least 10 people got more use out of it than I did.
Photo credits: Fredvl.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project