I thought I'd share a photo I decided to make available free of charge here on Dreamstime.
This has lead me to wonder what the benefit is of having free items. Does it really add more views to one's portfolio? Is it really just plain, good heartfelt contributing?
The reason I added this photograph to the free section was because it's a photograph I took a few years back, with an older camera, with lower resolution. I had no real use for it in a professional (non - stock) portfolio, and thought someone else might be able to use it.
I'm happy to see that there are already more than 10 downloads on this. So at least 10 people got more use out of it than I did.
Photo credits: Fredvl.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips