The Friday blog: what's the difference between pictures and photographs
Did this question ever come to your mind? What is the difference between a picture and a photograph?
I consider pictures to be all those images we take out on vacations, family reunions, meetings with friends, snapshots that don't require us to think of the composition, lighting, setup or anything else.
Photos on the other hand, are those images that need our photographic talent to be put in motion, we have to think how the lighting will be, if the subject is well lit, if the composition we chosen is harmonious, if the setup isn't too crowded or too empty or unbalanced and if the image has a powerful idea or not.
There are stock images that are so perfect exactly because they are photographic replicas of the family snapshots that anyone can take with the only exception that they are stunning.
However, no matter how perfect the photos I produce are I would never trade my friends and family pictures for them, those are the most dear to me.
Photo credits: Iofoto.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo