From Extraordinariness From Everydayness
November 14, 2010
Recently, a new selling of my photo taken in 3 years ago about gourd brought me a happiness and deeply thinking about the photography.
The subject matter of the photo is a fat melon in the special figure. Somebody of my neighbour perhaps found its strange in shape as a swan and put it up on the elbow board of the stairway. Everybody of the neighbours passed had to see it. After they passed it, they all smiled or laughed every time in knowing. In those days, the gourd was bringing many unexpected happiness to all the people of the neighbourhoods. The people were always seen in good spirits with smiling face when they appeared out of the door of the unit.
Obviously, the normal gourd worked in a special way. I took the photo then.
I gained the enlightenment from the experience again: Extraordinaries usually hide in the everydayness. Finding it out is very interesting and important to a photographer. Finding out some unusual from normal things should be a basic habit and a basic skill of the photographer too.
About the picture:
I put a block of stone on the windowsill as the base of the gourd. The subject leaned on the glass of the window.
In the later, I made the background overexposed.
- Find A Strikingly Angle Of View
- Another Practice: Micro In Dark Background
- The Broken Window Makes New Lesson
- From Extraordinariness From Everydayness
- A New Sold of a Full-Length Shot
- My First RAW Picture Sold
- Bye-Bye Love, Bye-Bye happiness (Part 2)
- Bye-Bye Love, Bye-Bye Happiness (Part 1)
- How About Abstract Style Photoes
- Two Views And One Download
Related image searches
Habit related image searches
This article has been read 1340 times. Photo credits: Buford Wong.