Fun with wide angle
I started photography with a 50mm prime. I was so skeptic about wide angle lenses and distortions that buying a Kit lens was a 'no no' for me.
After more than a year I somehow thought of buying a superwide angle of 10-20mm. Still I used to make mess with most of the shots due to wrong angles. It is definitely not a cakewalk to apply wide angle in apt cases. Howvever once you are game and practice, wide angle seems to be pure bliss :)
Be it a landscape or an architecture or a cityscape wide angle helps you to get a unique perspective. I sometimes use it for portraits as well to get such perspective. Most of the contests I won due to my wide-angle only :) Wish I can buy a Tokina fish eye soon.
Here are some samples from my portfolio with Sigma 10-20mm. i am yet to upload few of my best wide angle shots from my trips to the Himalaya.
Few of my wide angle shots (I did not keep them for sale) were featured in Times Photo Journal, 121clicks, fotoflock by Epson etc. :)
Lte me know your story about wide angles.
Photo credits: Freedomsfolio.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster