G7 Summit in Bavaria, Germany
The heads of state and government of the USA, Canada, the UK, France, Italy, Japan and Germany will hold their G7 Summit on 7. and 8. June. This time the Summit is located in the attractive scenery of the Wetterstein mountains in Upper Bavaria which provide a beautiful backdrop to Schloss Elmau, a suitable venue for the meeting of the heads of the G7.
But not only the hidden valley in this nature reserve is breathtaking, there are so many great sights nearby. It’s to be regretted that the heads of states will have no time to look to the beauty of the surrounding area - so let me give a little insight to you.
Neuschwanstein Castle, built by Ludwig II, King of Bavaria is one of the most popular palaces and castles in Europe.
Mostly liked by asian tourists
The Pilgimage Church of Wies is a small roccoco church located on the foothills of the Alps, in which rococo art reached in an unique perfection.
On the ceiling you find also a masterpiece of fresco painting.
But there are many paintings on traditional houses too in Mittenwald and Garmisch-Patenkirchen.
So if you have the chance to visit this part of Germany I hope I could give you some ideas what you would like to see.
Photo credits: Hel080808.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon