Gay Pride 2011, Amsterdam
Last weekend on 6 of August the canal parade of the annual Gay Pride event took place at the canals of Amsterdam. The theme of this year was 'All together now'. In total 80 boats participated this year.
One of the boats I liked most, was the boat packed with brides and grooms: celebrating the existence of 10 years Gay Marriage. Passengers of the boat were beautifully dressed up as brides and grooms. Although it can not be seen on the image, there was signboard as well indicating which countries still do not legally recognize a 'gay marriage'.
This year also a boat of the catholic church participates welcoming homosexuals in their church. Slogans on the boat were as followed; a wink of God, christian and gay, welcome to your church!
Despite the heavy rainfall, the canals colored pink, this colorful boat below full with dressed up dancing participants was called 'Priscilla, Queen of the Canals'.
For the first time, a boat of the Hindustan gay community in the Netherlands participated to break the taboo of homosexuality among the Hindustan people.
Another surprise this year was the boat of the Ministry of Defence, also the first time that militaries had their own boat in the canal parade of Gay Pride.
Photo credits: Cbomers.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips