Get handsome friends
As a stock and commercial photographer who often works with clients with small budgets, I've learned it's a good thing to have good looking friends. They come cheap, the look good, and they don't mind signing model releases.
Take my friend Ridge here. He's in construction, but you won't say it looking at his suave exterior. Or my wife's PA - C - she looks more glam than a R&B singer!
But if there is one thing I've learned - no matter what your models look like, don't skimp on a make-up artist. I've got a great (expensive) one I use, and a friend who's also a great commercial one (but cheaper for me!). Time and time again, those images outperform all others in my portfolio.
Then there is my sister-in-law, studying to be a teacher, El:
So who do you use and abuse? My kids are also on the list, but i tend to watch out for that, as sentimentality tends to cloud my creative judgement there! The same goes for my wife!
Photo credits: Danie Nel.
How to shoot events
- Tip of the week: Photography in the wild
- Pet Rescue Photography: Otis
- Chess ... what a passion!
- Professional Caption For Event Photography
- Tips on media filling
- Body parts in photography
- 10 cleanest cities in the world for the year 2018 which attracted many tourists and photographers
- Location Spotlight: Anna Ruby Falls, Georgia