Get High to Change Your Point of View!
Want to see the world from a different point of view? Then get high! I'm not referring to using psychoactive substances, but to the simple act of climbing to somewhere high so that you can look down on the world. To get these pictures I took the lift and 108 steps to the top of the tower of the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool.
From there you get a great, wide-angled view of the city.
With a telephoto zoom lens you can capture the unique shapes of famous landmarks like the Catholic Cathedral,
or pick out the elegant designs of 19th century housing projects.
You can get a much better impression how the city has developed than is possible at ground level.
I found I had to remove quite a few logos and trademarks before submitting the pictures. It made me wish I'd taken a pair of binoculars to preview the best logo-free angles first!
Photo credits: Denis Kelly.
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry
- Second week at Hai Phong anchorage
- Are You in the Mood to Increase Sales?
- Don't Make it Too Easy