get noticed through quality
The best way to draw attention to your port is buy uploading high quality pictures. There are several way to draw attention to your port, high quality is only one but its the most important!
- exclusivity : exclusive pictures end up higher in stock searches and therefore will be noticed earlier. This will lead to extra sales. It even is said to be the best way to draw attention. For luck there are some other ways to draw attention (I'm not exclusive but I will upload some exclusive pictures soon)
- uploading regularly, bigger port leads to more sales but also new stuff attracts buyers.
- writing a good blog, it helps other people to learn from your experiences, but it also draws extra attention on your port. Next to that good blogs are will result in higher exposure of your port, directly and indirectly.
-But the most important way to draw attention to your port is to upload high quality pictures. Pictures that stand out from the rest. Planning a shoot is more than half the work. Take a look at the best sold pictures, they all stand out in one way or another. Everything in the pictures seem to be wright. The composition, the lighting, the background, the colors, clear concept, they all stand out.
If only one of these features is overlooked, the picture will not be noticed to be an exceptional picture.
-The concept is perfect,
-the composition is good but i would have excluded the wood at the bottom,
-The background is a little dull, another color or texture would have had a bigger impact
-The lighting is not bad but could be better, a different lighting composition would give little more depth
Although it is a nice picture, it could have a lot more impact if all these issues were perfect. And how much extra time does it cost to improve? Always try to ask yourself what could be better. You will need a little extra time, but it will pay off quickly, resulting in better pictures and more sales.
If you look at this picture you immediately see the quality.
-Beautiful composition nicely curled leaf perfect posture of the frog
-concept beauty in nature (not really conceptual)
-perfect lighting, very nice shadows reveal 3D structure of leaf and frog
-background is clean without distraction and ads to the nocturnal behaviour of the frog.
An almost perfect picture with lots of downloads
-the concept of this picture is very clear predator eats prey
-the lighting is ok but could be better. Flash directly on camera and using soft box
-the composition is ok prey and predator
-the background is a little distracting would be better with smaller DOF
Good enough for a picture taken in the field
-concept not conceptual
-composition: beautiful curl in snake empty space below extra accents on top
-background: nice gradient, no distraction, nice colors
-lighting: ads extra atmosphere and nice shadows, attention drawn to head of snake
good picture but would have been better with concept
-nice diagonal composition
-light: nice shadows
-background: not distracting nice color and gradient
results in my second editors pick
So next time your take a picture question it! What could be improved?
lighting, composition, background, concept!
Take a look at the pictures in your port. Why are some pictures selling and others not?
Take good quality pictures and you will sell. A little extra effort can lead to results quickly. Study your image before pushing the button!
Greetings and keep on shooting
How to shoot events
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop