When getting a new computer....
In a carry-over from yesterday's events ( Stock Image -vs- Snapshot), I learned another valuable lesson as well.
I am used to working on my desktop computer, where I have already spent painstaking time matching my monitor settings to my camera display. The brightness, contrast, and color settings are very accurate to what the image will look like printed out, so I do not have to lean on the histograms too much.
However, I failed to calibrate my new laptop monitor to match what I am used to seeing on my desktop monitor. Hard lesson learned, right?
Looks like I'll be doing some major cleaning to see if I can get some of these images ready for resubmittal!
edited by admin - moved image to the top
Photo credits: Teresa Kenney.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror