Glacier lake in mountain edith cavell
I like hiking a lot, especially in canadian rocky mountain area. One of the most unforgettable moments in rockies is about the glacier lake on the toe of mountain edith cavell, jasper national park, Alberta, Canada. During the winter this area is all covered by snow and ice of course. In summer, a 1.5 km long hiking trail leads to the re-open lake shore. However, even in the hottest summer, this blue lake is full with icebergs.
The icy bank of the lake is very interesting, it shows some very nice laces . The reason of that is because every year during the summer rocks and stones from the mountain fall down to the glacier surface, and then the winter snow adds another layer to the top of rocks. Years after years, this "ice-cream cake" is finally made...
From the top of the hill in the other side you can see clearly the made of this cake, maybe a little bit too cold, do you still want to try that? :)
If you are interested in this area, take a look in my collection: Mountain Edith Cavell, then you can decide whether it worths a visit... If you do want to visit, please remember to let me know cause this year I have a plan to go back there too, :)
Photo credits: Fallsview.
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success
- Happy Dog's Happy Ending
- Tip of the Week: What Defines a Professional Camera
- American Local Travel: California National Parks (Sequoia and King's Canyon)
- How to download Dreamstime images for free
- Waves: Providing You With The Power To Calm Your Inner Spirit