Glacier lake in mountain edith cavell
I like hiking a lot, especially in canadian rocky mountain area. One of the most unforgettable moments in rockies is about the glacier lake on the toe of mountain edith cavell, jasper national park, Alberta, Canada. During the winter this area is all covered by snow and ice of course. In summer, a 1.5 km long hiking trail leads to the re-open lake shore. However, even in the hottest summer, this blue lake is full with icebergs.
The icy bank of the lake is very interesting, it shows some very nice laces . The reason of that is because every year during the summer rocks and stones from the mountain fall down to the glacier surface, and then the winter snow adds another layer to the top of rocks. Years after years, this "ice-cream cake" is finally made...
From the top of the hill in the other side you can see clearly the made of this cake, maybe a little bit too cold, do you still want to try that? :)
If you are interested in this area, take a look in my collection: Mountain Edith Cavell, then you can decide whether it worths a visit... If you do want to visit, please remember to let me know cause this year I have a plan to go back there too, :)
Photo credits: Fallsview.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day