With the Economy being what it is I know that alot of photographers are feeling it and having to decide if they would rather go out and rent a studio for a few hours if they dont have one with unlimited free access or purchase upgrades for their equipment. As of late I have been thinking about this quite often and have come up with a practical solution until our studio is complete.
The Solution that I have found is our local parks. In my experience most local parks do not charge a fee for shooting and just ask that you keep it clean, if you are doing something major they may ask you to rent out a pavilion or for a small fee but its much less then an hour of studio time.
Another Great thing about your parks is that you are already paying for them with your taxes so you may as well enjoy them and help those in charge justify keeping them and keeping them clean.
For a list of your local parks just check out your local government sites, county, state and city will have their list.
Here are a couple of shots from my local parks.
And Lets not forget our beautiful Beaches
Photo credits: EmeraldUmbrellaStudio.
All about color
- Prepare yourself for fireworks
- Zooming In: A Photography Trick That Most People Take For Granted
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Philippine Serendipity: The Beautiful Among the Common
- All about color - new blog contest
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally